Whole Woman’s Health (WWH) and Whole Woman’s Health Alliance (WWHA) are striking back against Texas’ Senate Bill 8, leading the charge of abortion providers, allies, and supporters who are suing to block the law before it goes into effect on September 1, 2021.
This isn’t WWH’s and WWHA’s first time taking on the most egregious abortion restrictions in Texas or in other states across the country. Whole Woman’s Health was the lead plaintiff in the historic Supreme Court victory, Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt. The 2016 ruling enabled many clinics in Texas to reopen, and afterwards inspired state lawmakers across the country to introduce the Whole Woman’s Health Act, which bans frivolous, incredibly harmful regulations of abortion like those defeated in the Hellerstedt case.
Whole Woman’s Health is a privately-owned healthcare organization whose clinics provide comprehensive gynecology services, including abortion care. The organization manages nine clinics, purposely located in the South and the Midwest where access to abortion is most restricted.
Whole Woman’s Health Alliance is a nonprofit organization that works to strategically shift the stigma around abortion in our culture and is committed to fostering open and honest conversations, lifting all communities, and transforming the abortion care environment.
WWH and WWHA are working to forcefully and unwaveringly stand up against extremist lawmakers, and defend abortion rights and care for all.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Follow WWHA on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Learn more about other WWH handles here.
- Subscribe to WWHA emails. You will receive updates on all that is happening at the clinic and on the reproductive rights front.
- Speak up about your abortion. If you’ve had abortion/s or work in abortion care, your story and voice can give solidarity to others and destigmatize abortion. To help, here’s a great guide from Vice. If you have a WWHA story to share, we would love to hear it.
- Join the reproductive rights workforce. Clinics, funds, advocates, and support networks are doing life-changing work and need talented, dedicated people.
- Use AmazonSmile and support WWHA every time you shop. It’s a donation made by Amazon in your honor – and it comes at no cost to you! You just have to select us at smile.Amazon.com and use smile.amazon.com instead of Amazon.com whenever you shop.